INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION – Farming & Educational Programming Assistant
Grow: Johnson County is seeking an unpaid Farming & Educational Programming Assistant for the 2017 growing season (Approx: May-October). The Assistant would commit to working 10-15 hours per week, primarily Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, with an occasional Saturday.
The Assistant will provide support to the Farm Manager and Education Director in the following ways:
· Plant, maintain, and harvest organic crops.
· Operate farm equipment and tools.
· Lead a variety of volunteer tasks.
· Create nutrition education materials.
· Assist with educational programming geared towards kids & youth.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to gain meaningful experience in managing a sustainable farming operation. You will learn directly from an experienced organic farmer and long-time gardening educator.
Applicant must have the ability to regularly bend and lift up to 20 pounds. No prior gardening or farming experience is required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 1, 2017.